Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps
A delicious healthy way to use the abundance of lettuce in early summer. These wraps are filled with veggies and antioxidants.
- ½ cup low sodium teriyaki sauce
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 T-minced chives
- 1 T honey
- 1 T organic peanut butter
- ½ cup scallions sliced
- 2 Portobello mushrooms
- Bag of shredded cabbage and carrots
- Sweet chili sauce
- Lettuce leaves
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- 2 pounds of thinly sliced chicken cutlets
- Mix together teriyaki, canola, ginger, garlic, and chives. Dip the mushrooms in to coat with some of the marinade.
- Remove ½ and put in a saucepan with honey, peanut butter and 1/4 cup scallions. Boil the sauce till thickened. Use the rest as a marinade for thin chicken cutlets.
- Grill the mushrooms and chicken. Cut into bite size pieces. Add a little of the sauce from the pot over the chicken and mushrooms to taste.
- Fill the lettuce leaves with the some chicken, mushrooms, top with shredded cabbage and scallions. Top with a small amount of chili sauce and chopped peanuts. Add more of the extra sauce if desired. Makes six servings.