Fall Farro Lentil Salad
This fall farro lentil salad uses end of the summer sweet tomatoes, and stick to your bones, hearty lentils and farro. Satisfying, filling nutty but light at the same time. Eat it alone or with leafy greens, as a side or as a main dish!
- 2 cups cooked farro
- 2 cups cooked french lentils
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup diced orange bell pepper
- 1 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 5 minced scallions
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped mint
- 1 cup diced cooked proscuitto
- lemon zest from 2 lemons
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Cook the farro and lentils, drain and set aside. Cook the proscuitto in a small amount of oil and set aside (you can omit for vegetarian). Chop remaining ingredients. Toss all together, except for the proscuitto. Make dressing.
- Toss with some of the dressing. Top with proscuitto, lemon zest and serve over greens. Drizzle with lemon olive oil
Loving this end of summer/fall farro lentil salad using all of my goodies from the garden! It can be served as a main dish, vegetarian or not over greens or as a side. I sometimes toss it in my lunch salad also! It is super easy to make and you can switch out any grains or use different peppers, oils, herbs and just get creative!