Move over sushi and fruit roll ups!! Really, what do I do with all of this zucchini?? Here is my healthy take on a small plate cocktail hour appetizer….
The recipe is quick, healthy and satisfying.
Stuffed Zucchini Roll-ups
- 4 small zucchini
- 1-2 T extra virgin olive oil plus extra to drizzle
- balsamic vinegar glaze to drizzle
- 1 ½ cups part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 T Romano cheese
- Lemon zest and juice of one lemon
- Garlic powder to taste
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup chopped nuts of choice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Spinach or basil leaves
- Cut off the stem end of the zucchini.
- Using a vegetable peeler, slice the zucchini lengthwise into paper-thin strips.
- Season with salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Mix the ricotta cheese with rest of ingredients until mixed.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of the ricotta filling on the cut end of the zucchini strips, top with one of the spinach or basil leaves.
- Roll the zucchini strip over the filling.
- Top with freshly ground black pepper and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
REAL YOU NUTRITION