Fresh Blueberry Salsa
SOMETHING BLUE. Well I guess you can see what is on my mind, since two of my kids got engaged these past few months. But I felt that this traditional wedding poem could be applied to doing SOMETHING NEW WITH SOMETHING BLUE like BLUEBERRIES: Made this salsa for a food demo at LI GreenMarket and I was asked to bottle it! It did taste delicious, hope you enjoy…..
LIGreenMarket.Org Recipe Series Blueberry Salsa
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh peaches or pineapple
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ½ avocado chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped red yellow or orange pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeds removed, minced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- ¼ cup roughly chopped cilantro
- ½ tsp. gingerroot grated
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Season with salt, pepper and additional lime juice as needed.
- Cover and refrigerate for approximately 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with whole-grain pita, chips, chicken, or fish
Madeline Basler, RDN, CDN
Real you Nutrition, PLLC